Sunday, January 10, 2010

Re: [ConservativeOptionStrategies] Visions Software

 

I haven't used Visions, however, I did read his book.  I chose to use John Brasher's Callwriter.com.
 
Regarding VectorVest, I used it for a number of years for directional trading.  I tried to use it when I first started writing covered calls and CSP.  I found that the premiums generated from the stocks selected by the high quality searches I developed were too low.  You need a certain amount of volatility to generate enough return.  I never could tweak my custom Vectorvest searches to return good candidates.  I really wanted to use Vectorvest, but just couldn't make it work.  The searches couldn't generate lists by option return.
 
Callwriter.com does that for me now.  I wish I could afford both and cross check my Callwriter.com selections with Vectorvest's VST rankings..  But, my budget doesn't allow for it.
 
Hope that helps. 
Jocelyn
 

--- On Sun, 1/10/10, BJNigh <bjnigh@comcast.net> wrote:

From: BJNigh <bjnigh@comcast.net>
Subject: [ConservativeOptionStrategies] Visions Software
To: ConservativeOptionStrategies@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, January 10, 2010, 6:15 PM

 
Has anyone used Ron Groenke's VISIONS Software to find Covered Call and Naked Put candidates? If so, do you like the software?

What about Vector Vest? Does anyone use VectorVest searches for Covered Call candidates?


__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment